…love is patient, love is kind…
(1 Corinthians 13)
Enquiries about weddings are always welcome.
Please contact Rev Stephen Prior
Tel: 01933 312554
To be married in St Mary’s Church, Rushden, normally one or both of the couple need to reside within the parish boundaries (see the link: Rushden St Mary Parish ) or have a ‘Qualifying Connection’ to the parish.
These qualifying connections need to be confirmed by the Rector, but might include if either of you:
- was baptised in the parish
- was confirmed in the parish
- resided within the parish for six months at a previous time
- attended public worship in the parish for at least six months
- have a parent whom – during your life – resided and/or attended public worship in the parish for at least six months
- have a parent or grandparent who was married in the parish
- St Mary’s does marry first time divorcees, but only after two years from receiving their ‘Decree Absolute’. Please bring this to first meeting.
- We only book weddings up to 24 months in advance. Also note that the first three Saturdays in August and the week between Christmas and New Year are not normally available for weddings.
Our wedding brochure may be downloaded here: Rushden St Mary weddings brochure 2018
For more information on getting married in church, including cost saving tips as well as ideas for your ceremony, please see the website: www.yourchurchwedding.org
Rushden St Mary’s Wedding Costs 2018 (Please note these are updated annually.)
Reading the Banns (reading and providing Certificate) £33.00
Church, Legal Fees, Marriage Certificate £441.00
Heating £50.00 (October to March)
Order of Service £25